This game has been popular in both offline and online casinos pretty much since it was made available. It can be very rewarding if you understand the mechanics and have a good strategy to follow during your gameplay. Hence, even though it all may be decided by chance, there are ways to make it less complicated, more enjoyable, and easier for you to win.
Depending on your playstyle and preferences, you can find different roulette types, bets, and ways to play it. If you would like to learn some tips and tricks on how to play Roulette, this article is for you. We’ll go through the essential aspects of Roulette and how you can beat the game and take the big jackpot home.
Roulette: The Basics
Like most casino games, Roulette is a game that is all about chance. However, there are diverse ways to win, as the table is laid out in different parts. You can choose between “red” and “black” numbers, and the table is pretty much the same in all games. Here’s how the game works out:
- The game beings whenever the player(s) start making the bets. In online casinos, you can play Roulette on your own or join a multiplayer game – that depends on the platform.
- Once you’ve placed your bets, the ball will start spinning in the roulette will. You can still make bets when this is happening.
- At some point, the game will forbid players from placing bets – you’ll be left with your previous choices.
- Then, the ball will stop at a specific number in the roulette will. There can be three types of winners: by number, by section, or by color. The winners will receive their rewards based on the odds that apply for their beds.
Roulette is a pretty simple game. It’s all about chance, and everyone has the same probability of winning. Of course, certain bets have more weight than others, and certain options can give you a bigger payout. That depends on the type of bet you’ve chosen.
Types of Roulette Bets
Different types of roulette bets depend on the placement of your chips, credits, or coins. The basic bets are inside bets and outside bets, although there are many other options you can choose that can be equally (or even more) profitable.
The first type of bet is an “inside” bet. It is simple, as it consists of choosing specific numbers on the wheel. You can choose one or multiple numbers at the same time, depending on what you think is the best decision. These bets tend to have low odds, but they can grant pretty big payouts.
There are different ways to place an inside bet. For instance:
- You can “straight up” choose a specific number and place your credits there.
- It’s also possible to “split” the same chip(s) into two different numbers. This way, if either number lands on the wheel, you’ll win.
- Another option you have is “the corner” or a four-number bet. You can choose four adjacent numbers and bet on them. For instance, you can use the same credit(s) or chip(s) to bet on the numbers 17, 18, 20, and 21, forming a square in the process.
Like this, you can find several other types of inside bets. Most casinos apply the same rules to roulette games and other casino games. Hence, you can use the same knowledge in different real money online casinos without problems.
Roulette can be an entertaining and lucrative game if you know where to place your bets. Your options aren’t solely limited to numbers. You can also choose to bet on colors, high or low numbers, odd or even numbers, and certain groups.
Despite being quite diverse, outside bets have low payouts, but the odds tend to be higher since choosing these methods is easier for you to win.
Like inside bets, there are different options when it comes to outside bets, as mentioned above.
- You can bet on whether the ball will land on an even or odd number or perhaps a high or lower number. You can also choose between red and black. All of these bets have a payout of 1:1.
- You can also choose “a dozen bets,” which are all about choosing one of the three layout numbers available – 1st dozen, 2nd dozen, and 3rd dozen – and the bet is limited to two groups. If the ball lands in 0 or 00, you’ll lose. The payout here is 2:1.
- Another option is the “column bet,” which allows you to choose one of the three rows available, depending on where you think the number will land. Like it happens with dozen bets, the payout here is 2:1.
As you can see, you have tons of options when it comes to betting while playing Roulette. It can be a bit tricky since there are so many ways to win- but that’s what makes it so exciting. The right combination of bets can make you win a lot or lose a lot. Hence, it would be best if you thought very well about your placements before the ball lands.